While there is no good time to deal with a faulty roof, trust me when I say that winter is probably one of the worst of times possible. Thanks to freezing temperatures and a regular snowfall, even the smallest of leaks can quickly turn into a much bigger problem.
Best thing you can do to keep your roof’s structure integrity in tact is to repair any damages as soon as possible. Now is the best time to fix your roof to get it in the best of shape to protect your home from the coming attack of freezing rains, heavy snow and high winds.
In today’s post, we compiled a list of of smart decisions you can make for your roof before you start working on it. If your roof is in need of any fixes, please consider these things first:
1. Hire a professional roofer. A roofing contractor who you can trust will ensure getting your home in top notch shape for the holidays AND years to come!
2. Full replacement vs. a Touch-Up In our experience, a full replacement often equals better quality job, less stress and a long-term investment for a homeowner! Win win!
3. Choose dimensional shingles. A 3-tab roofs don’t last as long and add little if any visual appeal to your home.
4. Seal/coat your flat roof. It’s important to do it before heavy snow arrival! Your roof will look AND perform better!
5. Coordinate your roof with siding color choices. Coordinate your roof color choice well with the other colors in your home’s scheme, such as siding. If you can’t decide, ask professional contractors for a roofer advice.