(SOURCE: Remodeling Magazine’s 2016 Cost vs. Value Report for the Philadelphia area)
What are the top-notch homes doing to keep-up or increase their value in the Philadelphia area market? According to Remodeling Magazine’s annual Cost vs. Value Report in 2016, an Attic Insulation is one of the TOP 5 Home Improvement Projects worth investing into this year. Take a look at another 4 more house remodels, which Ferris Home Improvements would be happy to help you with!
1. Attic Insulation (fiberglass) (average job cost: $1,345 ; resale value: $1,353 ; cost recouped: 100.6%)
2. Insulated Vinyl Siding Replacement (average job cost: $14,493 ; resale value: $10,314; cost recouped: 71.2%%) ALSO great: fiber-cement siding (average job cost: $16,961 ; resale value: $11,488; cost recouped: 67.7%)
3. Vinyl Window Replacement (average vinyl job cost: $15,780 ; vinyl resale value: $9,988 ; cost recouped: 63.3% %)
4. Bathroom Remodel (average job cost: $20,771 ; resale value: $12,570 ; cost recouped: 60.5% )
5. Roofing Replacement (average job cost: $22,843; resale value: $13,806; cost recouped: 60.4%)
Let’s face it, a Home Remodel Project can cost us a lot of money. Especially, if we strive to make our home a better place to live in. Whether you’d like to sell your house in the future or not, it is good to make wise decisions now, in order to determine if the investments are worth your time and money. That being said, sometimes the reason for renovating our home is more personal and based on our creature comforts or desire to create a ‘dream home’. There is a lot of value in that, even if the ROI isn’t as high as we’d like.
If you’re looking to remodel your home, give Ferris Home Improvements a call. We’ll give you a fair estimate and quality work. We’ve been voted Delaware’s #1 Home Improvement Company three years in a row!