A bathroom remodel is not an easy undertaking, so before you start changing everything up, make sure you know exactly what you’re looking for in terms of your household’s daily routines. Does your family need double-sinks? How about a private area for the toilet? If you consider all the possibilities before the renovation starts, your bathroom makeover can go much smoother.
If you want to get every detail right, it’s always good to ask for a professional opinion. Don’t hesitate to ask your contractors and designers if you’re not sure your dream bathroom ideas might work. They will surely come with a solution suited best to your needs and wants.
Here are 5 Things to Remember in a Bathroom Remodel:
- Match new products to existing products that will not be removed or replaced.
- Pick the right tile floor! Go with porcelain or glazed tiles if you want an easy-care floor. To prevent slipping, choose tiles with textured surfaces, matte finishes, or sand-containing glazes.
- Don’t forget the storage! Sure pedestal sinks are pretty, but where do you keep the toilet paper? No matter how you decide to remedy your storage needs, just be sure you don’t forget them all together and ruin the remodel afterward by cramming in storage pieces that don’t fit.
- Choose the right height for your accessories! Make sure everything you need is within your reach!
- MEET YOUR NEEDS!! If this bathroom will eventually be the dressing room for 2 daughters, maybe you should put in 2 sinks, or, at the very least, an extra outlet for all those hair dryers… You get the point… Don’t forget to consider what it is that you really need versus what you want.
A successful bathroom remodeling project can add harmony and beauty to your home. Taking the time to make sure you get the most out of your bathroom remodel can increase the value of your home and benefit your family by simplifying daily routines.
At Ferris Home Improvements of Delaware, we understand that the whole purpose of a bathroom remodel is to improve your family’s daily routine. If you need help determining how to remodel your bathroom, get in touch. We’ve been voted Delaware’s #1 Home Improvement Company 3 years in a row!