Creating curb appeal by adding complimentary colors and accents can greatly increase the value of your home. A home that is well maintained and freshly painted gives a good first impression. It will be more marketable when it comes time to sell. But why not benefit from your home improvements, do it while you have time to enjoy the makeover.
Not to worry! There are several ways to freshen up your home’s exterior that will have you the ‘talk of the neighborhood’, but in a GOOD way.
When it comes time to replace the siding on your home, get the most ‘Bang for your Buck’ by checking out all the options and remodeling tips ahead of time to increase your curb appeal.
1) Color. Color of siding and trim can be crucial to your return on investment. Making sure you select a color that coordinates well with existing surfaces that will not be changed (ie, roof color, brick or stone, etc.) can dramatically impact the overall appeal of your home’s appearance.
2) Texture. Do you want a wood look, a solid uniform look, or a combination of looks on your home? No problem. The variety of siding materials and textured looks even in the vinyl and cement board siding industry are numerous, and so are the options. Make sure you consider all of them before deciding on a final look for your home, and be sure to consider a variety of textures to bring your home to life. One uniform look might be too boring for your market and/or taste, or it might be right…the fact is if you don’t consider it as an option to highlight unique features of your home then it could be a wasted opportunity in your remodel!
3) Accents. A pop of color here and there or Fypon trim and/or embellishments that offset the siding’s rich color can make a huge difference and serve as a great way to insert some of your personality and your home’s character into your home’s overall siding look. Shutter style and garage door style, for example, can serve as a fantastic way to stand out from your neighbors!
4) Contrast. While it’s important to remain in compliance with your homeowners’ association rules and regulations, it is also important to find a way to make your home stand out in a good way from the others in the neighborhood. Whether it’s through accents, accessories, lighting, or upgrades, make sure you find ways to keep your home tastefully different from your surroundings.
5) Efficiency. Take the remodel opportunity to improve not only your home’s exterior, but also your home’s energy expenses! New siding installation always involves new vapor barrier installation which also serves as an energy-efficient wrap for your home. Some homeowners also opt for an energy-efficient material like insulated siding to reduce their bills and help payback the exterior remodel expenses over time!
So there you have it. Making wise choices for you home remodeling can pay for itself! Be sure you use a vetted home improvement contractor, such as Ferris Home Improvements of Delaware. Pick a reliable contractor that will help make your renovations easy and fast, so you can enjoy your home now.