It has long been known that natural light is a mood enhancer and can make you healthier. Many modern home builders have taken advantage of the advances in technology and higher energy efficiency of double or triple pane replacement windows. These large picture or architectural shaped windows add plenty of natural light and beauty to the home.
However, many older homes were designed at a time when windows were considered to be a luxury because of the amount of heating or cooling that escaped. Windows created a draft and made consistent temperatures in the home an impossible dream.
If your home was built in the last century and still has its original windows, you might want to consider a full window replacement. While you are at it, it might make sense to add more light by installing these following types of window and doors.
1) A Bay window will make any room seem larger and draw in more natural light as the angled windows will allow more to the sun’s ray into your home.
2) A kitchen garden window is a great way to add light, grow herbs and connect your family to the outdoors. Adding a garden window to any room with a view can be a wonderful way to brighten your mood.
3) Adding floor to ceiling architectural windows to replace traditional casing windows not only adds natural light to a home, but beauty too. Plus these windows are easy to maintain.
4) Switch out a window with a sliding glass door. Not only does this get you more light, you can extend your square footage of your home by adding a outdoor living area.
5) Replace a solid wood entrance door with glass entryway door with glass sidelights and transom. Some entryways in older homes tend to be one of the darkest sections of the home. Adding clear or art glass entryway doors can make your home brighter and more inviting.
If you are interested in adding more natural light to your home, use one or all of the suggestions above. Investing in your home by installing quality replacement windows and doors will increase the value of your home, but better yet, it will improve the mood and health of your family!
Come visit our brand new, state-of-the-art showroom on Kirkwood Highway in Newark, DE 19711 to see in person your choices and to verify that our window and door products are high quality. Your home improvements are a big investment, and we want you to feel confident in your selections!
Contact the local home improvement contractor who you can trust with your kitchen renovation. We’ve been voted #1 home improvement contractor in Delaware year after year.