Most homeowners have to face hard financial decisions on which home improvement on their to-do list should take precedence. If one of the exterior systems of a home, such as roofing or siding, is failing and allowing damage to the interior, that decision would be a no brainer.
What does one do if the choice is not so obvious? What factors should be considered in the decision making process?
Well if you are floundering between what to choose, consider the following benefits of installing new windows.
1) HIGHER ROI: While homeowners are hesitant to make big investments in home improvement projects such as a sunroom addition or new kitchen, as often the return of investment (ROI) is low or of no value. This is not the case with new windows. Getting new windows offer a real-time value in home comfort and safety, but they also give you a greater ROI. Replacement windows are worth the cost, as they will give homeowners a seventy to eighty percent ROI.
2) BETTER SECURITY: New windows have better locks and are harder to break into. There are also other security measures that families can add, such as permanent security screens or a film to reinforce windows making them harder to shatter.
3) ENERGY EFFICIENCY: We come a long way baby when it comes to the design of windows. If your windows have an obvious loss of heat in the winter and cool in the summer, consider replacing them with new double or triple pane windows. With most homeowners, the energy savings is worth the investment.
4) INCREASED COMFORT: Homes that have old and faulty windows can be humid, drafty and unevenly cooled or heated. This can make your HVAC work overtime, yet still not deliver the relief and protection to your homes interior. New windows will nip this vicious cycle in the bud.
5) GREATER APPRAISAL: The windows in your home are a key component in your home’s appraisal. By choosing to replace old windows with better functioning higher efficiency windows, homeowners can be confident that it will have an increasingly valued feature when the time comes to sell.
If you have reached the conclusion that window replacement should be at the top of your to-do list, get in touch with Ferris Home Improvements. Our window installation contractors service Delaware and the Tri-State area with quality, budget-friendly window replacements backed by our guarantees. Call today!
Ferris Home Improvements proudly carries the family name. We work hard to keep our stellar reputation as the #1 home improvement contractors in Delaware. We’ve been voted Delaware’s #1 Home Improvement Contractor 6 years in a row. Whether it is as a bay window, bow window, garden window, picture window, full window replacement or sliding glass door; we can get your home natural light and improve your mood!