This year so far has had more dark dreary days than sunny ones. Until March arrived, I do not believe we had the sun peak out more than two days in a row. Natural light is a mood enhancer and increases productivity.
If your home does not allow enough natural light to enter your home or if certain areas seem overly dark and dreary, why not consider one of the following ways to add natural light into your home. With a variety of natural light options available such as skylights, tunnel lights, picture, bow, bay or garden windows; why would any homeowner choose to stay in the dark?
1) Skylights: Skylights installation can dramatically add beauty and value to your home by filling your home with natural light and reducing your need for electricity
2) Tunnel Lights: Install a tube skylight like the Owens Corning Illuminator in a small, top story location that has no or little natural light
3) Sliding Glass Doors: Replace a set of windows with full sliding glass entryway doors
4) Egress Windows: Install 1 or more egress windows in your basement for more natural light
5) Bay, Bow or Garden Window: Using a bay, bow or garden window to highlight an area of your home adds natural light and makes the area seem larger and more inviting
6) Glass Doors: Replace Solid Entry or Hallway Doors with 15 Light or Glass Door
7) Picture Windows: Increase the amount of glass by using Replacement Picture Windows that Have More Glass Area and Narrower Frames
Ferris Home Improvements proudly carries the family name. We work hard to keep our stellar reputation as the #1 home improvement contractors in Delaware. We’ve been voted Delaware’s #1 Home Improvement Contractor 6 years in a row. Ferris Home Improvements is trusted throughout the community to do the right job for a fair price.