7 Spring Roofing Maintenance Ideas for Delaware Homeowners
Spring is a good time to perform a simple roof inspection to identify any vulnerabilities caused by winter weather. That way any problem can be fixed before it causes costly damage.
Check your roofing shingles, flashing, gutters, downspouts, soffit or fascia. Most roof damage occurs well before anyone on the ground notices any issues. Fixing these roofing issues before spring rains arrive prevents a minor problem from turning into a major one.
7 Spring Roofing Maintenance Ideas for Delaware Homeowners:
- Inspect for loose, curling or damaged shingles, as well as any nails popping out
- Inspect Soffits, Fascia and Vents for animal nests and debris
- Clean out debris, repair and inspect your gutter system for any leaks
- After removing debris from gutters, follow up by power washing to remove the remaining dirt buildup
- Check and repair loose Flashing or metal strips that seal gaps and prevent water from seeping under shingles
- Simultaneously check for cracked or impaired caulking. Scrape off the previous material, clean and reseal the area with fresh caulking
- Remove moss or any debris on the roof that can keep your roof moist. Remove any tree branches covering your roofing system to allow sunlight to dry your roof properly
Ferris Home Improvements can help with any minor or even major repairs. Please check with us to see when we will be in your neighborhood.