A new roof replacement may be one of the most expensive home improvement projects you’ll do.
1) Hire a qualified roofing contractor: Skimping on the quality of your roofing contractor could cost you more money down the road.
2) Keep it Local: Just as any industry, the roofing industry has their fly-by-night contractors or storm chasers that travel to areas hit by hail storms.
3) Hire Manufacturer Certified Roofing Installers: The warranty on your new roofing structure depends greatly on who installs it. A manufacturer will not honor a roofing system warranty installed by roofing contractor they haven’t certified.
4) What does the roof warranty include? Product, labor, parts, length of time, etc
… Is there an extended warranty option and what does that include?
5) Do you need permits? Many municipalities and local townships require
permits with roof replacements.Make sure your roofing contractor are obtaining the permits
6) What about ventilation? Talk with your roofing contractor to see what kind of venting is included with the estimate.
7) Cheaper is not always better … make sure your comparing apples to apples when it comes to the estimate and NOT apples to oranges. It is important to determine value, quality and what is covered before making a decision.
Contact the local home improvement contractor who you can trust, we’ve been voted #1 home improvement contractor in Delaware year after year.