Got Leaky Roof Syndrome?
Are you a homeowner frustrated by a leaky roof that keeps damaging your ceiling, walls and valuable possessions?
First course of action, get a dependable roofing contractor that can solve a leaky roof the first time. Ferris Home Improvements, a local Delaware Roofer, can help with roof leaks. After all, we are a professional roofing company has the ‘know how’. Ultimately, our expertise can determine the source of how water is getting into your home’s interior.
Have you had roof repairs several times and yet your roof leaks persist?
No worries, Ferris Home Improvements helps Delaware homeowners determine the best method to solve their roofing problems. First, our expert roofing contractors perform full roof inspection. Then we give you a free estimate! We give you a comprehensive quote for your roof repair or, worse come to worse, roof replacement.
Here is a List of the 10 Most Likely Causes for Roof Leaks:
- Buildup of Debris: Leaves, pine needles, twigs or silt buildup will trap water and cause a capillary action where water tracks underneath the tiles or shingles and seeps into the home.
- Faulty Flashing: Ultimately, when flashing is installed improperly, it is more likely to slide out of place. Also, cracked and dry calking make your roof vulnerable to leaks at roof seams, chimney or skylight edges.
- Missing Shingles: Loose or missing shingles may be hard to spot at ground level. A qualified roof inspector looks for signs of shingles that are cracked or lifted by high winds.
- Holes: Check for any holes around items recently removed from roof, such as a TV satellite or antenna.
- Clogged Gutters: Gutters clogged with debris will slow drainage or cause water to backup giving it time to seep through and cause leaks.
- Cracked or Gaps Around Roof Vents: After years of exposure, vent pipes or plastic vents may have gaps around gaskets, missing nails or cracks.
- Valleys with Faulty Seals: A valley is where two planes of the roof intersect. Valleys should slope to divert water away from the roof. Cracked or improperly sloped valleys allow rainwater to seep through the roof.
- Ice Dam Buildup: Frozen water can form a ridge at the edge of the roof and prevent melting snow or water from draining, causing water to pool. Eventually, this water will seep into the home.
- Condensation in Attic: Conversely, improperly ventilated or insulated attics that cause condensation buildup during extreme temperatures. While this causes water damage, it also creates mold or mildew hazards.
- Roof Exceeds its Lifespan: Finally, roofing materials deteriorate with age prevent them from effectively keeping the elements out. If your roof shingles, tiles or tar are dry and brittle with age, it is time for a roof replacement.
Need Help With a Leaky Roof?
GIVE FERRIS HOME IMPROVEMENTS A CALL TODAY!
Great news: Ferris Home Improvements is Delaware’s #1 local roofing contractor capable of getting your roof ready for the winter. We are the winners of Reader’s Choice in The News Journal Best Home Improvement Company 6 years in a row!