Have you started working on your fall TO-DO list yet? If you answered yes, we’re hoping cleaning your clogged gutters is on top of the list! Why? Checking on your gutter guards and downspouts regularly (especially if you live in the wooded areas), is an important step to ensure your house is protected throughout the year.
Water damage, ice dams, and excess moisture buildup are just 3 of many dangers your home’s foundation and roof are exposed to. Needless to say, having your gutters inspected before the colder months roll in is only beneficial to all homeowners.
If you need more reasons why you should have your clogged gutters cleaned asap, here’s a few more:
5 Reasons To Clean Your Clogged Gutters This Fall
- No water damage. Clean gutters will make sure no water is being channeled towards your home’s foundation.
- No mold in your roof. Water damage can greatly contribute to weakening fascia, which leads to toxic dangers like mold settling in your walls. Don’t let that happen to your house!
- No mosquitoes. Did you know standing water attracts mosquitoes? Yikes!
- Stronger roof. The likelihood of water seeping under shingles and refreezing is high and can cause major damage that is costly to repair. Clean gutters can solve that problem and make your roof stand strong against any harsh weather conditions.
- More money in your wallet! It’s safe to say cleaning out your clogged gutters is fairly less of a commitment than getting a new roof.
Remember: If your home sits among trees, gutter guards are a MUST. Trust us, you don’t want to deal with chronic clogging and debris buildup!
If you think your gutters reached their lifespan, consider investing in seamless gutters. They’re an industry standard when upgrading a home’s gutter system.
Need help with your fall to-d0 list? Get in touch with Ferris Home Improvement of Delaware any time! We can help you inspect, clean, repair or replace your clogged gutter at affordable prices.