I deserve a new kitchen and here is why …
- I am a hard working mom
- I spend countless hours chauffeuring my kids to and from one activity after another
- I am my kids and husband’s biggest fan
- I am the sole supplier of the family meals and procurer of groceries
- I barely have time to brush my hair (let alone style it)
- I am the family pack animal, carrying everything from lunches to backpacks to coats
- I am the wash women
- I am the cleaning women
I could go on and on about why I deserve a new kitchen, but I think you got the point, so I rest my case.
I’m thinking that now is a perfect time for me to update the kitchen before the holidays get here. With the cooler fall days and the kids back in school, the idea of renovating my kitchen just got a lot easier!
Mainly, I’m looking to make the kitchen more functional and to beautify it with all the wonderful new conveniences such as an organized pantry, state of the art refrigerator and cooktop, splashy new back splash, sparkly new countertops. Oh, how exciting it will be!
Let’s face it, us moms work hard year round and deserve a little pampering when it comes to the kitchen. Besides a fully functional kitchen will only make our super powers greater and in the end, really benefitting those who depend on us. So it’s mostly for them, right?
Check out this ‘Century of Kitchen Design’ visual that I came across when looking for some inspiration. I’m not sure that I can decide on which century I like the best?