5 Helpful Tips to Survive a Kitchen Renovation from Delaware’s #1 Home Improvement Contractor
A Kitchen Remodel can add value and beauty to your Delaware home. Creating the kitchen of your dreams is an exciting project, but the actual kitchen renovation process is noisy and messy, no matter how professional and respectful your home improvement contractor.
If you’ve never lived through a renovation, the experience might surprise you. Despite your home improvement contractor’s best efforts to keep the mess and noise to a minimum, there is going to be construction dust and a cacophony of saws, hammers and nail guns going at full speed.
You want that sound, because it means your contractor is working hard to get you quickly through the process!
If you have little ones or pets underfoot, you’ll want to take precautions to ensure safety and avoid unforeseeable mishaps. Also, certain preparations made before the Kitchen Renovation begins can help to eliminate possible damage to your home’s contents and make for easy cleanup.
So with that in mind, here are 5 Tips You Wish You Knew to Prepare for Your Kitchen Remodel:
- Plan time to pack up your kitchen (empty your cabinets!) in an organized fashion! Highly recommend clear containers with very specific labels on their contents….when you go to unpack your kitchen you’ll be able to find things much faster and organize your kitchen better than it was before!
- Pack the items you use every day in a bin that is easy to locate and access. ESPECIALLY if you NEED coffee every day or if you need BOTTLES for children…anything else you use frequently!
- Buy plenty of disposable paper and plastic ware. You will likely be without running water in your kitchen for at least a couple of weeks. Prepare a space for necessary dishwashing at a laundry sink if you have one, or at another sink that can handle the job…don’t forget your dish soap, sponges, paper towels, dish towels, and a drying rack!
- If you have young children, elderly persons and/or pets in your home, consider taking them all on a vacation during demolition….there will be unsafe areas during remodel such as holes in the floor, nails on the ground, exposed wires/pipes that will need to be avoided until properly finished. It is the nature of the job, and we encourage you to keep your loved ones safe during this process!
- No matter how excellent of a crew you have working, remember every productive remodel job will be dusty and loud. Take your valuables down off all sides of the affected rooms to prevent unintentional damage…cover your things that you do not need to be around… schedule trips/visits/events to get out of the house and clear your mind and lungs!
NO MATTER WHAT…IT’S WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀
If you are interested in learning about how Ferris Home Improvements can help with your kitchen remodel in Delaware, get in touch. We are experts at getting your kitchen renovation from start to finish with the least amount of dust and noise as possible!